Monday, November 29, 2010

Week 7 - Twitter and Facebook

Twitter
This part of the course is Twitter and Facebook, one I am currently involved with the other I have never been involved with before.

I have never wanted to join Twitter but obviously because we are doing this Web training I did it, who knows I may even like to keep it up (maybe). I’m finding it hard to know what to tweet on twitter, I don’t want to sound mindless, (don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that people who use Twitter are mindless just that I don’t want to seem to be). You have to give things a try at one stage of your life don’t you.

Facebook
I have been on Facebook for quite some time now, I find it's a good way of keeping up with people that I don't normally get to see for a while. I don't normally like to give away too much information though eg. my date of birth is only my date and month, not too many photos posted (only because I find it hard to load them), so I think it's important not to do that. 

It's probably great for businesses especially libraries so that the public can keep up with events and goings on.

When going through reading everyone else’s blogs one person commented saying they liked Twitter more than Facebook mainly because of the rubbish that was on there, I am the complete opposite I prefer Facebook to Twitter as I find Twitter to have a lot of nonsense.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about facebook and likewise I will probably never twitter again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i joined facebook it was fun and interesting but eventually i got over it. Especially when people's status updates got all lovey or really stupid or gross. So figured i would hate twitter when all it is, is status updates :S

    ReplyDelete