Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Week 6 - Delicious & LibraryThing

Delicious
When I started this part of the course I couldn't understand why they called it Delicious and it had nothing to do with cooking, I still don't know why, but once again I didn't know what I was doing with these ones but we have to give it a go don't we.  Delicious is a good way to store the things that I'm interested in, only thing is I don't think I will use it again. I've noticed that a lot of people on this course enjoy it. I think this is probably one login/username I won’t be using again.

LibraryThing
LibraryThing is probably a good thing to use because it can give me a reference of what I have read, as there are times when I've read something and wanted to read it again and often can't remember the title. It also gives an idea of what other people have read as well. I don't know how many libraries are using LibraryThing but I know our is and I think it's normally what staff have read. 

I had quite a lot of trouble trying to put the widget in, quite honestly I don’t know if it was the instructions or just me getting confused (probably the latter).

1 comment:

  1. LibraryThing can be great, especially if you're trying to get a book group together with friends (well, our 'book group' is more an excuse to get out to Little Creatures sans children mid week, but anyhow ;) ) Delicious I am looking forward to understanding more, I reckon it's one of those things that becomes more useful the more often you use it :D

    ReplyDelete